Start-to-Finish Coverage of Every Aspect of Struts 1.3
Build next-generation Java-based Web applications using Struts and the comprehensive information contained in this authoritative volume. Written by James Holmes, a committer on the Struts project, and fully updated to include the latest features of Struts 1.3, Struts: The Complete Reference is really three books in one: an in-depth tutorial, a broad reference, and an advanced developer's guide.
Learn to write high-performance Struts applications and internationalize, test, and secure them. Plus, get in-depth coverage of Tiles, Validator, the Struts tag libraries, the Struts configuration files, and AJAX. Throughout, you'll find real-world examples, cutting-edge techniques, and insider tricks that will make your Struts applications sizzle.
- Download, install, and configure the Struts framework
- Streamline application logic using the Model-View-Controller architecture
- Enhance JSP development using the Tiles templating library
- Configure and use the built-in declarative exception handler
- Understand Struts' chain-based request processing engine
- Simplify programming using the HTML, Bean, Logic, and Nested Tag Libraries
- Use the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
- Work with the Struts, Tiles, and Validator configuration files
- Secure your Struts applications
- Perform a variety of unit tests on Struts applications
- Use AJAX with Struts
- Work with the newest 1.3 features, including scripting and Struts-Faces
About the Author
James Holmes is a leading Java Web development authority. He is a committer on the Struts project, and the creator of the most popular Struts development tool, Struts Console. Additionally, Oracle Magazine named him "Java Developer of the Year" in 2002 for his work with the Struts framework and Oracle JDeveloper. Holmes is the author of the first edition of Struts: The Complete Reference and the co-author of JavaServer Faces: The Complete Reference and The Art of Java.