Capitalize on the Vast Potential of Alternative Energy Sources Such as Fuel Cells and Biofuels
Synthetic Fuels Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the benefits and trade-offs of numerous alternative fuels, presenting expert analyses of the different properties, processes, and performance characteristics of each fuel. It discusses the concept systems and technology involved in the production of fuels on both industrial and individual scales.
Written by internationally renowned fuels expert James G. Speight, this vital resource describes the production and properties of fuels from natural gas and natural gas hydrates…tar sand bitumen…coal…oil shale…synthesis gas…crops…wood sources…biomass…industrial and domestic waste…landfill gas...and much more. Using both U.S. and SI units, Synthetic Fuels Handbook features:
- Information on conventional and nonconventional fuel sources
- Discussion of the production of alternative fuels on both industrial and individual scales
- Analyses of properties and uses of gaseous, liquid, and solid fuels from different sources
- Comparison of properties of alternative fuels with petroleum-based fuels
Discover All the Benefits and Trade-Offs of Synthetic Fuels
• Fuel sources: conventional and nonconventional • Natural gas and natural gas hydrates • Petroleum and heavy oil • Tar sand bitumen • Coal • Oil shale • Synthesis gas • Crops • Wood sources • Biomass • Industrial and domestic waste • Landfill gas • Comparison of the properties and uses of gaseous fuels from different sources • Comparison of the properties and uses of liquid fuels from different sources • Comparison of the properties and uses of solid fuels from different sources About the Author
James G. Speight, Ph.D., D.Sc., is a fuels consultant and visiting professor at both the University of Utah and the University of Trinidad and Tobago. He is recognized internationally as an expert in the characterization, properties, and processing of conventional and synthetic fuels. Dr. Speight is the author, editor, or compiler of more than 30 books related to fossil fuel processing and environmental issues, including Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, Sixteenth Edition; Chemical Process and Design Handbook; and Perry's Standard Tables and Formulas for Chemical Engineers, all available from McGraw-Hill.