JasperForge.org is the open source development portal for the JasperSoft Business Intelligence Suite, the JasperSoft Business Intelligence solution that delivers comprehensive tools for data access, data integration, analysis, and reporting, including JasperReports. This definitive, authoritative covers the following:
- Shows the power this open source Java reporting tool has and the ability to deliver rich content onto the screen, to the printer, or into PDF, HTML, XLS, CSV and XML files
- Demonstrates how JasperReports can be used in a variety of Java-enabled applications, including Java EE or web applications, to generate dynamic content
- Teaches you how to create page-oriented, ready-to-print documents in a simple and flexible manner
What you’ll learn
- Enable the embeddable Java reporting library, which you can embed in any host application to let you plug in Java and Groovy code.
- Handle complex reports, subreports with highly complex layouts, pixel-perfect page-oriented output for the Web or print, and crosstabbing, and output reports in PDF, XML, HTML, CSV, XLS, RTF, or TXT.
- Create integrated charting with comprehensive chat types.
- Use multilanguage Unicode and other native encodings, dynamic text localization, and localized date, number, and currency formatting.
- Scale with high-performance report generation with no limit to report size.
- Extend easily with built-in expressions and plug-ins for Java and Groovy code; integrate iReport visual report designer; and extend to other Eclipse or Swing-based designers.
- Access data flexibly with JasperReport’s built-in support for JDBC, EJB, POJO, Hibernate, XML, and more.
Who is this book for?
This book is for business intelligence reporting tool users and developers who have a background primarily in Java and Java EE.
About the Author
TEODOR DANCIU is the founder and architect of the JasperReports library, the most popular open source reporting tool, and is now working for JasperSoft. Before joining JasperSoft, Teodor worked for almost 8 years with several French IT companies as a software engineer and team leader on ERP and other medium-to-large database-related enterprise applications using mainly Java technologies and the J2EE platform. Teodor holds a B.S. in computer science from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest.
LUCIAN CHIRITA joined Teodor Danciu at JasperSoft in the development of JasperReports library back in 2005, and he quickly became one of the main contributors to the project. Prior to joining JasperSoft, Lucian had 3 years of software engineering experience on several Java/J2EE products and applications. His contributions to JasperReports include support for crosstabs and integration with data query technologies such as Hibernate and OLAP. Lucian holds an M.S. in computer science from the University of Bucharest.