SugarCRM is a leading open source Customer Relations Management tool and development platform with nearly 5.5 million downloads, nearly 17,000 developers, and lots more users.
The Definitive Guide to SugarCRM is the first official SugarCRM book available to developers and users. This definitive book begins by talking about the SugarCRM platform components, namely MVC, Studio, Module Builder, authentication, and themes.
Next, you see how to customize the modules SugarCRM comes with out of the box in an upgrade-safe manner. The text then presents an example application that a typical business might use and shows how to build it using SugarCRM, using both existing functionality as well as newly added functionality.
What you'll learn
- Understand how the SugarCRM platform works
- Customize the modules that come with SugarCRM
- Build new modules and functionality into SugarCRM
- Explore MVC architecture, users/authentication, built-in modules, and other platform features
- Use SugarCRM Studio for customizations, logic hooks, and overriding existing code
- Build on top of SugarCRM using Module Builder, custom modules, and existing/custom modules mashups
- Design a complete application
Who is this book for?
Any business application developers and consultants looking to build or deploy a custom business application. CIOs and IT administrators will also be interested.