Flex 2 represents something of a revolution in web applications. It is the next evolutionary step of Flash, which has grown from a web animation tool to a powerful enterprise web design and development tool. with nearly 98% of all web browsers and cellular phones running the Flash player needed to use Flash and Flex applications, knowledge of Flex is indispensable for any serious web designer and developer. This book will show you how to create powerful, rich Internet applications using Flex 2 and ActionScript 3.0. After learning how to install and becoming familiar with the basics of the Flex Builder 2 software, you will explore in depth how ActionScript 3.0 interacts with Flexs powerful XML-like design language: MXML. the text will take you through all the powerful features of Flex using a series of strictly practical exercises. You will:
Put quite simply, this book is all youll need to master Flex 2 and ActionScript 3.0 application development. Welcome to the revolution! Summary of contents:
- Examine the power of designing layouts using Flex's MXML containers.
- Discover many of the new features of ActionScript 3.0.
- Work your way through a professional case study, building up a complete Flex application.
- Connect Flex to Adobe's powerful ColdFusion application server, and start to work with Flex applications powered by dynamic server-side code.
- Learn how states can smoothly transition your application interfaces between different data displays.
- Chapter 1: Introducing RIAs and Installing Flex Builder 2
- Chapter 2: Introducing Flex and Flex Builder 2
- Chapter 3: Introducing ActionScript 3.0
- Chapter 4: Containers and Components
- Chapter 5: Navigation Containers
- Chapter 6: Flex and XML
- Chapter 7: States
- Chapter 8: Case Study: Part 1
- Chapter 9: The Repeater Component
- Chapter 10: Case Study: Part 2
- Chapter 11: Drag and Drop
- Chapter 12: Flex and ColdFusion
- Chapter 13: Charting
- Chapter 14: Printing
- Chapter 15: Unfinished Symphony
Weather and Climate Experiments (Facts on File Science Experiments)
Study of the weather and climate helps students understand weather conditions and the science behind weather research. Temperature, barometric pressure, wind, and precipitation are just a few of the types of data routinely collected and analyzed by meteorologists. By studying weather, students can understand more about what is going on in the...
The Esoteric Investor: Alternative Investments for Global Macro Investors
Massive demographic, environmental, economic, and regulatory shifts are generating huge new investment opportunities with an exceptionally high probability of success over the coming years and decades. In The Esoteric Investor, a world-class portfolio manager identifies these investments, and shows how your best...
Firefox For Dummies (Computer/Tech) Make your online world safer, easier, and a lot more fun, for free!
Firefox is a lot like a For Dummies book — designed to make things easier for the rest of us. Now, one of the guys who invented it shows you how to use the browser made for people, not programmers. This book shows how you can view multiple Web pages...
Human Developmental Toxicants: Aspects of Toxicology and Chemistry
Presenting the first database of its kind, this unique reference illustrates the relationships between the chemistry and developmental toxicity of a number of important pharmaceuticals and industrial toxicants. Human Developmental Toxicants contains up-to-date and concise information on the chemical structures, properties, and biological...