The definitive iLife reference, completely updated and revised. The Macintosh iLife ’06 is the ultimate iLife learning experience, a lavishly illustrated handbook packed with easy-to-follow instructions, essential technical background, and tips for iLife users of all levels.
• Shop ’til you drop at the iTunes Music Store
• Take your iPod beyond music—watch videos, view photos, store contacts and calendars, and more
• Improve your photography and video-shooting techniques
• Create spectacular slide shows, photo books, calendars, and greeting cards
• Refine your photos to perfection with iPhoto 6
• Share photos via email, Web albums, and cutting-edge photocasts
• Explore the latest video formats with iMovie HD
• Record and arrange your own music with GarageBand
• Create and publish your own Web sites, blogs, and podcasts
• Preserve the past: digitize old records, photos, and movies
Each two-page spread is a self-contained tutorial or set of tips. Everything you need is at your fingertips, and every page is updated for iLife ’06.
The Web site: Get updates, tips, and much more at this book’s companion Web site, www.macilife.com.
Jim Heid is one of the most admired writers and instructors in the Mac community.
A contributing editor of Macworld magazine since 1984, he has been using and teaching each of the programs in the iLife suite since its debut.
About the Author
Jim Heid is one of the most highly regarded computer authors and trainers in the United States. A columnist for Macworld magazine since 1985, he has also been the personal technology columnist for the Los Angeles Times, a frequent contributor to PC World, Internet World, and Newsweek magazines. He is the author of several best-selling books, including The Macintosh iLife '05 (Peachpit, 04/05). Jim is editorial director and a partner in Avondale Media, producers of DVD-based instruction and conferences.