A powerful XML-based markup language for publishing mathematics on the Web, MathML makes it possible to develop Web-based applications for displaying, searching, indexing, archiving, and evaluating mathematical content.
- Provides a detailed tutorial introduction to MathML, with many examples to illustrate the syntax.
- Reviews the commercial and free software available for working with MathML, including browsers, plug-ins, equation editors, and mathematical software
- Explains how to convert TeX documents to XHTML+MathML
- Illustrates the use of CSS and XSLT to render MathML for display
- Includes examples and templates for creating dynamic web sites with interactive mathematical content