The only IT guide you need
You're busy—very busy. You need reliable, practical answers to your IT questions, and you need them now. The Vest Pocket Guide to Information Technology, Second Edition is a handy pocket problem-solver designed to provide you with the quickest route to a solution. Practical, reader-friendly, and thoroughly illustrated, this updated handbook provides complete guidance for the complex, ever-changing world of IT to help you quickly pinpoint what you need to look for, what to watch out for, what to do, and how to do it.
Written by two all-time bestselling accounting and finance authors, Jae Shim and Joel Siegel, this thoroughly updated Second Edition includes tables, forms, checklists, questionnaires, practical tips, and sample reports to help you avoid and resolve any and all IT dilemmas. A must-read for business professionals, financial managers and consultants, production and operation managers, accountants, COOs, CFOs, and CEOs, this handy guide helps you:
- Select the best hardware for particular application needsStrategically use IT systems
- Use the best software in planning and control
- Select Sarbanes-Oxley compliance software
- Prevent fraud through computerized security
- Effectively apply Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Use online databases to make business decisions
- Use a decision support system (DSS) and an executive information system (EIS) to improve the quality of analysis, evaluation, and decision making
- Understand emerging trends and developments in information technology
- Harness marketing information systems to improve sales planning, sales forecasting, market research, and advertising
- Evaluate and manage an IT project
Your professional success depends on keeping abreast of the latest thinking and applications in information technology. The Vest Pocket Guide to Information Technology, Second Edition gives you all the information you need to make optimum decisions now and plan ahead for later.
About the Author
JAE K. SHIM, PhD, one of the most prolific accounting and finance experts in the world, has authored or coauthored more than fifty professional and college business books. He is Professor of Accounting and Finance at California State University, Long Beach, and CEO of Delta Consulting Company, a financial consulting and training firm. He received his MBA and PhD degrees from UC Berkeley Haas School of Business.
JOEL G. SIEGEL, PhD, CPA, is the author or coauthor of more than fifty books and articles for accounting and financial journals. He has acted as a consultant in accounting and IT issues to many organizations, including IT&T, Citicorp, and Person-Wolinsky CPA Review. He is Professor of Accounting and Information Systems at Queens College of the City University of New York.