Explore the emerging specifications—and the latest tools—for implementing advanced Web services using Microsoft technologies. Keep pace with evolving Web services specifications—and get developer-to-developer insights for using them to deliver advanced, interoperable solutions for Microsoft .NET. This guide provides a high-level overview of how these key specifications work and introduces Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 2.0—Microsoft’s latest offering to support advanced Web services specifications, which integrates with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. Discover how to exploit WSE for advanced security, reliability, and transaction capabilities in your Web service applications. And get complete code for all the book’s examples on the Web, ready to adapt for your own solutions.
Use WSE 2.0 to implement the latest Web services specifications, including:
- WS-Security: Build core security features—including digital signatures, security tokens, and encryption—to help protect the Web services you write and consume
- WS-Trust: Issue, validate, exchange, and refresh security tokens in a Web services interaction
- WS-SecureConversation: Define security context for interactions involving a series of request-response messages
- WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment: Specify the requirements for accessing your Web services
- WS-Attachments and Dime: Send and receive SOAP messages with external attachments, including binary files and XML fragments