In this book, Dieter Lenzen analyzes the world's three major educational systems: the Continental-European, the Atlantic (Anglo-American) and the East Asian. Distancing himself from the current trend towards the economically driven Anglo-American system of education, the author proposes an alternative model, "a university of the world".
· Three concepts of the university in the globalization process
· The dynamics of global social systems
· Global challenges in the post-secondary educational sector as springboard for comparing systems
· Convergence and divergence: current system dynamics in the post-secondary sector
· Can there be fair chances in a world university system?
· Theorists of higher education
· Policy makers of higher education
· Administrators of higher education
· Social scientists
Professor Dr. Dieter Lenzen is the president of Universität Hamburg, vice president of the German Rectors' Conference (HRK) in Germany and the German universities' spokesperson for the HRK.