Home | Amazing | Today | Tags | Publishers | Years | Account | Search 
Upgrading Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 to Microsoft Visual Basic .NET

Buy

Many articles have appeared in the press about Visual Basic .NET being radically different from prior versions of Visual Basic. Unfortunately, most of the articles leave you with more questions than answers. What exactly are the changes in Visual Basic .NET? Will it be possible to upgrade existing applications? Why does it break compatibility with Visual Basic 6? Visual Basic .NET includes an Upgrade Wizard, which upgrades up to 95 percent of your project’s code, but what about the other 5 percent? What are the common upgrade issues? How do you resolve them and get your project working in Visual Basic .NET? What about XML Web services and ADO.NET data access—how can existing programs take advantage of these new features?

In this book, we answer these questions and more. We provide a complete guide to upgrading, with both technical and conceptual information. To upgrade your applications, you will need to learn some new skills. We teach these skills and discuss the hows, whats, and whys of upgrading: how to recognize the micro-issues that need a one-line fix, what to do about macro-issues that involve redesign of your application, and why Microsoft made the changes to Visual Basic.

Along the way, we’ll take a few interesting digressions. Because we worked on the team that created Visual Basic .NET, we’ll share a few behind-the-scenes stories about Visual Basic and the development of Visual Basic .NET.

In addition to discussing how to upgrade applications, this book is also an upgrading reference. Chapter 8 includes the complete list of errors and warnings that the Upgrade Wizard generates. Chapter 19 maps the Microsoft Windows common controls to equivalent Windows Forms controls. Appendixes A and B give the complete Visual Basic function and object model mappings from Visual Basic 6 to Visual Basic .NET.
(HTML tags aren't allowed.)

Pro SQL Server 2005 Service Broker (Expert's Voice)
Pro SQL Server 2005 Service Broker (Expert's Voice)
Pro SQL Server 2005 Service Broker, by Klaus Aschenbrenner, an international expert on Service Broker, explains why Microsoft introduced Service Broker and describes its big advantages over prior message technologies.

Rich with practical examples, this is the most complete and incisive book on this important new technology, an...

Data Hiding: Exposing Concealed Data in Multimedia, Operating Systems, Mobile Devices and Network Protocols
Data Hiding: Exposing Concealed Data in Multimedia, Operating Systems, Mobile Devices and Network Protocols

As data hiding detection and forensic techniques have matured, people are creating more advanced stealth methods for spying, corporate espionage, terrorism, and cyber warfare all to avoid detection. Data Hiding provides an exploration into the present day and next generation of tools and techniques used in covert communications,...

Adobe Acrobat 5 PDF Bible
Adobe Acrobat 5 PDF Bible
With 1000f what you need to know about Adobe Acrobat and PDF, this critically acclaimed, authoritative reference has now been completely updated and enhanced to cover the powerful new release of Adobe Acrobat.

If Acrobat 5 can do it, you can do it too...Whether you're a graphic artist or prepress specialist looking for the most efficient
...

Spying Blind: The CIA, the FBI, and the Origins of 9/11
Spying Blind: The CIA, the FBI, and the Origins of 9/11

In this pathbreaking book, Amy Zegart provides the first scholarly examination of the intelligence failures that preceded September 11. Until now, those failures have been attributed largely to individual mistakes. But Zegart shows how and why the intelligence system itself left us vulnerable.

Zegart argues that after the Cold War...

Analog Filters using MATLAB
Analog Filters using MATLAB

This textbook provides a complete introduction to analog filters for senior undergraduate and graduate students. Coverage includes the synthesis of analog filters and many other filter types including passive filters and filters with distributed elements.

...
Introduction to Simulink with Engineering Applications, Second Edition
Introduction to Simulink with Engineering Applications, Second Edition
This text is an introduction to Simulink ®, a companion application to MATLAB ®. It is written for students at the undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as for the working professional.

The author claims no originality of the content, and the description of the Simulink blocks is extracted from The MathWorks™
...
©2019 LearnIT (support@pdfchm.net) - Privacy Policy