This excellent reference provides detailed analysis and optimization aspects of live 3G mobile communication networks
Video and Multimedia Transmissions over Cellular Networks describes the state-of-the-art in the transmission of multimedia over cellular networks, evaluates the performance of the running system based on the measurements and monitoring of live networks, and finally presents concepts and methods for improving of the quality in such systems.
- Addresses the transmission of different media over cellular networks, with a focus on evolving UMTS transmission systems
- Provides in-depth coverage of UMTS network architecture, and an overview of 3GPP video services
- Describes the characteristics of the link layer errors in the UMTS Terrestrial radio Access Network (UTRAN), obtained by extensive measurements in live UMTS networks
- Covers video encoding and decoding, introducing H.264/AVC video codec, as well as addressing various novel concepts for increased error resilience
- Discusses the real-time capable algorithms that are suitable for implementation in power and size limited terminals
- Presents the methods for monitoring quality, as well as analyzing and modelling traffic evolution in the cellular mobile network
This book provides a valuable reference for researchers and students working in the field of multimedia transmission over wireless networks. Industry experts and professionals working within the field will also find this book of interest.
C++ Programming Made Simple, Second Edition (Made Simple Programming)
The author enables novices to get to grips with the programming language quickly and efficiently, and demystifies the subject matter making it easy to understand.
Java and C++ are now the two clear leading languages for technical and web programming, and the C++ language and environment, including C, are...
Easy Computer Basics, Windows 7 Edition
See it done. Do it yourself. It’s that Easy! Easy Computer Basics, Windows 7 Edition teaches you the fundamentals to help you get the most from your computer hardware and software. Fully illustrated steps with simple instructions guide you through each task, building the skills you need to perform the most common computer tasks....
Machinery's Handbook 28th Larger Print Edition (Machinery's Handbook)
Celebrating nearly 100 years as The Bible of the Mechanical Industries , the 28th edition brings together volumes of knowledge, information and data gathered, revised and improved upon from experts throughout the mechanical industries. Extraordinarily comprehensive yet easy to use since it premiered, Machinery s Handbook provides mechanical...
Image Processing for Computer Graphics and Vision (Texts in Computer Science) Image processing is concerned with the analysis and manipulation of images by computer. Providing a thorough treatment of image processing, with an emphasis on those aspects most used in computer graphics and vision, this fully revised second edition concentrates on describing and analyzing the underlying concepts of this subject.
The Motivated Student: Unlocking the Enthusiasm for Learning
Research has shown time and again that the traditional reward-punishment model does nothing to boost student achievement. In The Motivated Student: Unlocking the Enthusiasm for Learning, veteran educator Bob Sullo suggests a different approach: cultivating students inner drive to learn by addressing their essential psychological needs.
Drug-Induced Liver Disease, Second Edition
Featuring more than 4100 references, Drug-Induced Liver Disease is an invaluable reference for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, family physicians, internists, pathologists, pharmacists, pharmacologists, and clinical toxicologists, and graduate and medical school students in these disciplines. This book supplies an in-depth discussion of...