Build 10 of the most sought after Visual Basic .NET enterprise applications–now!
Tired of the typical VB.NET reference books that only provide a little information on a lot of topics? Looking for real-world examples of how to use .NET in your day-to-day enterprise projects? Youve come to the right place.
In Visual Basic .NET at Work, Tony Martin and Dominic Selly show you how to combine the new features of VB.NET with must-know technology to create real-world business applications. Take a tour of the major .NET technologies, learn how they work, and then follow step-by-step through the projects –– complete programs that utilize VB.NET and related technologies to create fully functional solutions that you can use in your enterprise environments.
Each project begins with a clear statement of the problem, a walk-through of the solution that youll build, and the list of supplies and technologies that youll need to complete the project. In addition, Martin and Selly provide a list of suggestions for enhancing each project, which alternate between simple upgrades to completely new features.
The ten example projects are:
- A WinForms library
- Bug tracking with ADO.NET
- Bug reporting with XML Web Services
- Application performance testing with .NET Remoting
- Deployment packages usingVisual Studio .NET
- A Web portal with ASP.NET
- Schema generator with XML
- User authentication login screen with ASP.NET
- Employee information system using the .NET Mobile Framework
- Employee intranet that combines all of the .NET technologies
The CD-ROM contains:
- Source code for the completed projects in the book
- Sample "experiment" applications
- Bonus materials for Project 6
Wiley Computer Publishing
Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/martin
About the Author
TONY MARTIN is a principal software engineer at Best Software, Inc. He is responsible for software development processes and architecture, oversees and manages software development projects, and writes various types of code in Visual Basic and C++.
DOMINIC SELLY is a senior software engineer in the IT department at Capella University, a 100 percent online college. He spends his time acting as architect and technical lead on Capella’s ASP.Net application development efforts. He also created and conducts the ASP.Net Boot Camp (www.ASPDOTNETBootCamp.com).