About the Author
- Illustrates how fundamental principles of design apply to the web
- Includes charts, diagrams, and graphics to enhance learning and retention
- Covers site analysis, navigation, layout, color, graphics, typography and forms
- Demonstrates multiple techniques for getting just the right look and feel for your web sites
- Focuses on the characteristics that make sites usable, engaging, and memorable
Penny McIntire has been teaching Computer Science at Northern Illinois University for 24 years now, teaching everything from programming languages to IBM mainframe JCL to systems analysis and design. She's the author of Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design (under the name Penny Kendall), which went into three editions. In addition, Penny has been an artist all her life -- interior design and sculpture, and exhibited nationally in the high-end, hand-sculpted doll world for many years. Color theory, texture, layout grids, embellishment, and text manipulation all come naturally for her. Penny developed Northern Illinois University's graduate and undergraduate classes in web design.