Now fully revised and updated, VSAT Networks continues to cover all of the essential issues involved with the installation and operation of networks of small earth stations called ‘Very Small Aperture Terminal’. VSATs are typically one to two meters in antenna reflector diameter and communicate with one another, or with a central earth station called a ‘hub’, via a relay satellite in space. This informative volume enables the reader to understand how services, economics and regulatory aspects condition the success of such networks.
Key features include:
- configuration and practical applications of VSAT networks
- radio frequency (RF) link analysis, focusing on basic formulae and the evaluation of the RF link performance
- protocols used, with emphasis on the necessary adaptation of protocols used in terrestrial networks
- procedures for the dimensioning of the network according to the type and volume of generated traffic and to the expected quality of service
Written by a well-known, highly respected academic, this authoritative volume will appeal to students of telecommunications, electronics and computer science. Practising telecommunications engineers and technical managers involved in the planning, design and operation of networks and service provision will all find this book a valuable reference source.
This Second Edition has taken full advantage of the author’s experience gained from the success of the first edition. The theoretical background has been expanded and the operational contents have been updated in view of recent developments in the field.
Python 2.1 Bible If Python 2.1 can do it, you can do it too … Packed with crystal-clear explanations, hands-on examples, and a complete language reference, this authoritative guide gives you all the tools you need for rapid application development with Python 2.1. From variables, expressions, and other basics to XML, multimedia, and multithreading, Python... Sustainable Solar Housing, Volume 2: Exemplary Buildings and Technologies
* * An auspicious and comprehensive two-volume treatment of current solar energy strategies and technologies employed in buildings
* * Offers the reader a solid platform for assessing environmental and economic concerns for housing projects, and offers guidance on implementing the most appropriate course of action
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is the most common hand problem, affecting as much as
5% of the adult population; yet in the large majority of cases, the condition is idiopathic.
While surgical treatment often results in improvement, residual loss of function
and some persistence of symptoms are common. Clinicians still disagree as to... Digital Collage and Painting: Using Photoshop and Painter to Create Fine Art
Where does that kernel of inspiration come from? Does it hit you
when you are in the shower or when you are driving on the turnpike?
Wherever it takes hold of you, it marks the beginning of the process of
making a piece of art. Some artists agonize step-by-step in the creation
process. For some people the work fl ows seamlessly from...
General Thoracic Surgery (2 Vol. Set) The leading comprehensive reference on thoracic surgery is now in its Sixth Edition. Coverage of surgical oncology has been expanded. This edition also features state-of-the-art video-assisted procedures, new chapters on tracheostomy, and new techniques for lung cancer and paraesophageal hernia. Organized by anatomic region, this two-volume work...