Written by leading experts in the field, the first edition of WCDMA for UMTS quickly became established as the best-selling and most highly respected book on the air interface of 3G cellular systems. Fully revised and updated, the fourth edition now covers the key features of 3GPP Release ‘7 ensuring its position as the leading principal resource in this constantly progressing area.
- Follows on from three highly successful new editions and one revised edition which have sold in excess of 36,500 copies in their six year lifespan
- This latest edition contains three new chapters and approx. 70 pages of new material covering the key features of 3GPP Release 7, and introducing the principles of Long Term Evolution (LTE) of 3GPP Release 8.
- High speed uplink packet access (HSUPA) of 3GPP Release 6
- Multimedia broadcast multicast system (MBMS) of 3GPP Release 6
- Basic principles of Long Term Evolution (LTE) of 3GPP Release 8
Three new chapters have been added, enabling this reference to remain as the leading text in the area:
- Covers WCDMA, High speed downlink packet access (HSDPA), High speed uplink packet access (HSUPA) and Multimedia Broadcast and Multicast System (MBMS) solutions
- Analyses HSDPA simulations and field measurements
- Introduces details of HSUPA concept and expected data rates
- Presents HSPA evolution in Release 7 including delay optimization and VoIP support
- Covers MBMS architecture and performance
Java Security (Java Series)
Java's most striking claim is that it provides a secure programming environment. However, despite lots of discussion, few people understand precisely what Java's claims mean and how it backs up those claims. Java Security is an in-depth exploration aimed at developers, network administrators, and anyone who needs to work with...
Database System Concepts
Database System Concepts, 5/e, is intended for a first course in databases at the junior or senior undergraduate, or first-year graduate, level. In addition to basic material for a first course, the text contains advanced material that can be used for course supplements, or as introductory material for an advanced course.
Semi-Classical Analysis For Nonlinear Schrodinger Equations These lecture notes review recent results on the high-frequency analysis of nonlinear SchrÐÑÐ¶dinger equations in the presence of an external potential. The book consists of two relatively independent parts: WKB analysis, and caustic crossing. In the first part, the basic linear WKB theory is constructed and then extended to the... Siege: Trump Under Fire
Michael Wolff, author of the bombshell bestseller Fire and Fury, once again takes us inside the Trump presidency to reveal a White House under siege.
Just one year into Donald Trump’s term as president, Michael Wolff told the electrifying story of a White House consumed by controversy, chaos, and...