A complete and practical guide to WCDMA/UMTS cellular network deployment.
After introducing the network architecture of such a system, the WCDMA (UMTS) Deployment Handbook defines the coverage and capacity concepts associated with the dimensioning and design phases. Progressing to a discussion of the main system parameters associated with network optimization and detailing optimization techniques for the main services supported by UMTS, and includes the specifics of indoor deployment and HSDPA networks evolution.
- Covers all stages from planning to optimization with sufficient details as required on a day-to-day basis, and thorough reference information for the reader who wants to understand the concepts in more detail
- Relevant for daily tasks: The approach taken in this book is similar to the work flow of network planner and optimization engineers, allowing such personnel to easily find the relevant information
- Written by the company which made CDMA a household name: QUALCOMM was the first company to use CDMA technology for cellular application and is a technical leader in this domain
- Based on industry feedback: All the contributors to this book have been working in direct interaction with WCDMA operators, throughout the world, since the early days of WCDMA commercial deployment
- Looking to the future: This book addresses the next level of challenge that WCDMA operators will face - deployment of indoor systems and HSDPA
Providing a complete introduction and reference guide to everything associated with the life cycle of a WCDMA/UMTS cellular network, from initial dimensioning through to the successful deployment of indoor solutions, or migration to HSDPA, this book is a must-have for network planners and optimization engineers as well as Telecommunication Engineering students.
Professional Jakarta Struts (Programmer to Programmer) The Apache Software Foundation's Jakarta Struts remains the most popular Java framework for building enterprise-level Web applications. In the first book to cover the extensive new features of the final release of Struts 1.1, The authors present the technical and conceptual information you need to design, build, and deploy sophisticated Struts 1.1... Sams Teach Yourself PHP in 10 Minutes Are you one of those people who think there isn't anything substantial that you can do in only 10 minutes? Think again. Sams Teach Yourself PHP in 10 Minutes is a no-fluff, just-the-answers guide to building dynamic websites using PHP. Broken into 10 minute lessons, you will gain a rapid working knowledge of PHP 5... iPod: The Missing Manual
Apple's iPod still has the world hooked on portable music, pictures, videos, movies, and more, but one thing it doesn't have is a manual that helps you can get the most out this amazing device. That's where this book comes in. Get the complete scoop on the latest line of iPods and the latest version of iTunes with the...
Digital Signal Processing: A Filtering Approach This new resource introduces the concepts, equations, and terminology of Digital Signal Processing, and also provides the tools needed to analyze and design digital filters. With emphasis on digital filtering, this book applies the reader's knowledge of AC circuits, trigonometry, algebra, calculus and analog filter design to digital signal... Practicing Software Engineering in the 21st Century This technological manual explores how software engineering principles can be used in tandem with software development tools to produce economical and reliable software that is faster and more accurate. Tools and techniques provided include the Unified Process for GIS application development, service-based approaches to business and information... Urinalysis and Body Fluids
This thoroughly updated 5th Edition provides concise and carefully structured full-color instruction in the handling and analysis of non-blood body fluids.Readers will learn how to handle and preserve the integrity of body fluid specimens and how to keep themselves and their laboratory safe from infectious agents!Practical, focused, and reader...