“…without doubt the most comprehensive…absolutely superb…9 out of 10…” (Indie Magazine, August 2004)
“…something of a bargain…easy-to-follow…” (PC Utilities, July 2004)
Weighing in at over 900 pages and priced under $40, this new For Dummies omnibus guide delivers wide-ranging coverage of Windows XP, PC hardware, Microsoft Office, and Internet fundamentals, drawing on content from some of the best-known and bestselling authors in the For Dummies series.
This indispensable mega-reference covers the entire constellation of computer issues that average home users face, complete with timesaving techniques to help make using Windows simpler.
A Reference for the Rest of Us!
- An all-new one-stop mega-reference for all of the most common Windows and PC topics
- Covers Windows XP (including basics, customizing, and multimedia tools), PC hardware (the PC and its components, printers and scanners, and digital cameras), the Internet (the Web, e-mail, instant messaging, creating Web pages, and commerce via eBay), and applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Money)
- Features tips from the bestselling Windows XP Timesaving Techniques For Dummies (0-7645-3748-2), designed to help readers simplify their Windows XP experiences
Make Windows XP, the Internet, and your PC work together at GigaSpeed
The Dummies Way
- Broad assortment of topics
- Explanations in plain English
- Handy tabs to mark favorite spots
- "Get in, get out" information
- Special "Check It Out" features
- A dash of humor and fun
Our biggest Windows XP book ever in one convenient package!
Open this book and discover a vast collection of the topics you need to get the most from your Windows XP PC. Whether you’re customizing your Windows desktop, hooking up with the latest hardware accessories, trying out essential software, or exploring the online world, let the Windows XP GigaBook For Dummies show you the way.
Don’t worry about losing your place in this supersized reference; mark those helpful instructions with one of the handy tabs you’ll find in the front of the book.