The authoritative tutorial for wireless J2ME application developers.
- The essential tutorial for every J2ME platform developer: no wireless experience necessary
- Complete coverage of architecture, design, coding, debugging, and deployment
- Advanced topics include-persistent storage, networking, distributed processing, and internationalization
- The J2ME platform: key terminology, concepts, and application development processes
The Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) platform gives developers breakthrough tools for building advanced wireless applications. Now, one of the leading wireless application consultants at Sun has written a step-by-step guide to successful wireless development using the J2ME SDK. Vartan Piroumian illuminates every key feature of the J2ME platform and every step of the development process: planning, architecture, design, coding, compilation, execution, debugging, and deployment. Wireless J2ME Platform Programming covers all this, and more:
- Using the Mobile Information Device Profile's (MIDP) high-level and low-level APIs
- Building effective wireless user interfaces with the J2ME platform
- Leveraging the J2ME platform's facilities for persistent storage
- Managing, provisioning, and internationalizing wireless applications
- Integrating complete wireless solutions: Internet portal interfaces, wireless application interfaces, and the wireless Internet environment
Wireless J2ME Platform Programming: The must-have guide for writing robust, highly usable, cross-platform wireless applications.
Back cover box:
Featured topics include:
About the Author
- Configurations and profiles
- User interface components
- MIDP high-level & low-level APIs
- MIDP Record Management System (RMS)
- Event Handling
- MIDP Generic Connection Framework
- Application Provisioning systems
- Application Architecture and the Wireless Internet Environment
VARTAN PIROUMIAN is currently a Java Architect with the Sun Professional Services Java Center, where he works with some of the world's largest wireless carriers to architect wireless Internet portals and provisioning systems for delivering Java applications to mobile devices. He also teaches professional courses in programming with Java technology, Swing, and object-oriented techniques for the University of California, Santa Cruz, Professional Extension Program. Piroumian is also author of Java GUI Development (Sams).